- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Project Manager role is responsible for managing multiple large projects involving cross-functional teams that include multiple business and technology partners. This position requires a deep understanding of project management and agile methodologies as well as the ability to strategically drive for results.
- Assist in project initiation, planning and management.
- Identify project objectives and strategic needs and translate those needs into project definition and plans.
- Validate the alignment of the project(s) with business and financial objectives as well as application and technology strategy.
- Drive execution of all phases of enterprise-wide or high complexity projects to include scope, risk, quality and change management.
- Manage competing demands relevant to scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality and differing stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Manage dependencies, resource constraints, and issues across the project(s) including change management or business process challenges that create project risk.
- Perform all aspects of project cost management estimating, budgeting, and cost control, tracking and reporting.
- Influence decision making to gain cross-functional alignment to achieve on-time execution of initiatives.
- Deliver presentations to Executive Leadership on project status and risk evaluation.
- Escalate project(s) issues/risks when needed, specifically with regards to issue mitigation, potential cost over-runs, and/or scope discrepancies, through leveraging and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Identify cross project dependencies, business impacts, and facilitate coordination of these as needed.
- Develop a structure for transitioning a large scale project from post prod support to steady state while dealing with daily issue resolution.
- 7+ years project management experience
- Experience delivering projects using Agile methodology
- Strong project management and governance skills
- Strong budget management skills
- PMP Certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills; ability to build strong relationships
- Effective communication skills; strong decision-making skills