Manager, Human Resources
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
This position is responsible for employee relations, employee development, maintaining HR database, recruiting support and assisting with compliance of State and Federal regulations. This position is also responsible for benefit coordination of Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and FMLA; including helping to develop and continuously improve systems/procedures, staying up to date on changing laws and policies, and ensuring the operation of existing benefits are delivered to employees in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate STD, LTD, FMLA, WC, LOA and ADA processes
- Responds to employee relations issues and conducts effective and thorough investigations when necessary
- Stays abreast of changing laws impacting HR policies and procedures Ensures the systems used are in compliance with these updates and changes
- Coordinates the leave process and communicates with all necessary parties to meet the practical and legal requirements
- Participates in the on-boarding process to ensure a smooth transition for new staff
- Responds to unemployment claims and assists in the response to formal discrimination charges or other legal action relating to employment.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Assists with performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Coordinates with the recruiting department to conduct recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees including prescreening and reference checks within the specified regions
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Create and update Job Descriptions as needed
- Assist with administering annual employee performance reviews
- Administers New Hire Orientation
- Creates education pieces for staff regarding Human Resources information, policies, procedures, etc
- Responsible for creating, organizing, and coordinating employee engagement events
- The Human Resources Manager reports to the AVP, Human Resources or the Director, Human Resources
- The Human Resources Manager may be responsible for HR Generalists and/or HR Assistants
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- 5 to 7 years of exempt-level Human Resources experience, OR A master' degree in Human Resources Management and 3 years of experience in the HR field, OR 10 years of experience in the HR field
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Proven ability to build and foster working relationships
- Solid understanding of how adults learn.
- Must be able to foster great working relationships with all lines of business
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and across business units
- Excellent planning, organizing project management, communication, negotiation, decision making, problem solving skills and follow-through skills; Demonstrated leadership and customer relationship management skills
- Proven ability to work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and adhere to deadlines and schedules
- This position is exempt. Typical work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday but likely involves additional hours for projects, development, and travel for training needs and office visits.
- Demonstrable computer literacy of the Windows environment with specific proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Strong knowledge of employment law required
- Working knowledge of risk management and the insurance industry is preferred
- Core Competencies: Understanding the Business, Communication to all levels of an organization, Technical Ability, Initiative, Team Player, Individual Contributor