- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
COMPANY: Bickmore (A York owned company) located in Sacramento, California
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
Bickmore offers an exciting career opportunity in the risk management industry. This position, under the general supervision and direction of the Administration Manager, performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of assigned clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clerical and administrative support to assigned clients;
- Completes general duties including filing, copying and mailings:
- Collects, reviews, and organizes client data;
- Maintains client contacts and other forms of electronic data;
- Assists with scheduling and setting up for client and/or service provider meetings;
- Registers clients for conferences and manages reservations for overnight accommodations, when necessary;
- Responds in a timely manner to requests from clients, coworkers, service providers and others;
- Composes basic correspondence including emails, letters, electronic surveys, and other business communications;
- Assists in the creation and distribution of newsletters and advisories;
- Assists in maintaining client websites; and
- Performs other tasks upon request.
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills, and develop effective, proactive solutions;
- Complete assignments in a timely, organized manner, working independently while still collaborating effectively in a team environment;
- Recognize politically sensitive situations and work with the appropriate party(ies) to resolve or address situations;
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, , technical procedures, codes and regulations; and
- Maintain a professional demeanor and interact positively with clients, coworkers, and other third parties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The successful candidate will have or within a reasonable time will acquire:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Detail oriented and effective organizational skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google Suite is a plus.
Education, experience, and/or training that would qualify the applicant to perform the required equivalent job responsibilities. Minimum high school graduate or equivalent; some college coursework is preferred.