Claims Adjuster - P&C / South East Colorado
Are you looking for a career where you can be an Every Day Hero in Your Hometown? Enjoy South Eastern Colorado living, but yearn for a more professional path? Eager to Launch or Reboot your career? Not afraid to get the job done without someone watching over your shoulder? Enjoy helping people? See solutions where other see bedlam? Think on your feet, enjoy variety, learn quickly, and enjoy challenges?
We’re Colorado Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company (CFBMIC) and we’re looking for an Every Day Hero as a Field Claims Adjuster. In times of chaos and loss our insureds count on our Field Claims Adjusters to save the day; Investigating & settling property and casualty claims varying from auto fender benders to structural storm, or fire damage.
What you’ll need to have:
- Clean driving record (Absolutely no DUI’s in past 7 years / minimal points off)
- Strong desire to grow with an organization where you will have a long-term career
- Bachelor's degree
What you’ll do:
- Investigate and process a wide variety of auto and property insurance claims filed by policy holders
- Handle a wide variety of claims
- Inspect property to determine extent of damages, liability, and policy coverage particulars
- Gather information regarding claims via photographs along with claimant/witness interviews and evaluate all relevant information to determine how claims should be resolved
- Negotiate with claimants to successfully settle claims
What about perks:
- Comprehensive training at our in-house center in Ridgeland, Mississippi
- Company Car provided
- 401(k) with up to 4% Company match
- Company provided life insurance, AD&D, Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- Paid holidays and time off
- Company paid continuing insurance education (CPCU, INS, AIC designations)
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
SFBCIC & CFBMIC are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. The Company does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law.