Senior Pricing Analyst
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking a talented Pricing Analyst to join our current team.
As a member of the Pricing Department, the Senior Pricing Analyst contributes to the process of rate making, product development and reserving for all non-standard auto products. The Senior Pricing Analyst works under the supervision of the Pricing Manager to guide growth and profitability to meet or exceed budget.
- Conduct profitability analysis of book of business and recommend pricing actions based on segment performance.
- Conduct rate reviews using internal and external data sources and develop sound recommendations based on actuarial and economic indications.
- Support Pricing Department in periodic reserve reviews.
- Source of in depth knowledge of the company's products and market conditions for non-standard auto insurance in assigned state(s).
- Participate in the achievement of a business plan for non-standard auto products, including premium plan, combined ratio performance, production parameters, competitive environment, competitor details, regulatory environment/developments, demographics, etc.
- Perform ongoing analysis of company and competitor pricing and premium volume.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Underwriting, IT and Claims to align interests and manage the performance of assigned state(s).
- Communicate with state DOI personnel to achieve approval of rate/rule filings.
- Maintain organized records of rates, rule and form filings.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of company and 3rd Party systems used to rate or sell the company's products.
- Independently manage projects; understand business objectives as they relate to project goals.
- Collaborate with the Pricing Manager to identify improvements in the pricing model and rating platforms of all non-standard auto products.
- Participate in complex, large-scale, and highly specialized projects that support rate reviews, product development, pricing strategy, underwriting and claims.
- Manage complex data gathering, reporting and analysis.
- Identify the need for and drives the development of new tools and processes within the department.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or other quantitative field; Master's or advanced degree preferred. 3 plus years' experience in pricing, actuarial or product functions for personal lines insurance; non-standard auto insurance experience is a plus.
- Must have strong mathematical skills and the ability find answers to business questions in large data sets.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to meet deadlines with assignments.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to make data driven decisions; proficient in data analysis software (e.g., Excel, R, SQL, SAS, Access).
- Experience developing and presenting recommendations related to product/pricing actions.
- Advanced spreadsheet and database skills.
- Must be a good communicator and listener.
- Ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines; ability to coach and mentor less experiences staff to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables.
Benefits Available to Full Time Employees:
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid gym membership
- Wellness Program/EAP
- Convenient office located next to two major express ways
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.