Loss Control Consultant - Indiana - Remote
Sr. Loss Control Consultant - Indiana
Growing Property and Casualty Insurance company is seeking a Sr. Loss Control Consultant to work out of your home in the greater Indianapolis area. You will service accounts in a territory comprised of the State of Indiana, with the majority of the work in the northern half of the state. Candidates will be responsible for providing safety and loss control services for a wide variety of commercial multiline risks, both service and survey. Safety Managers in a construction company are encouraged to apply.
Other duties include:
- Travel to prepare safety surveys, conduct safety audits, provide loss control training, and assess the safety needs of the customers.
- Consult with underwriters for risk selection and technical questions
- Write reports and recommendations utilizing nationally recognized safety standards such as OSHA, ANSI and NFPA based on surveys of facilities.
- Communicate in writing and orally with clients on any safety issues and concerns.
- Conduct classroom and hands on training.
- Develop training programs relating to member requests, and program needs.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a commercial lines multiline loss control representative in a Property and Casualty Insurance carrier or Safety Manager in a Construction company
- 4 year college degree is preferred. Degree in Occupational Health & Safety is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of all lines of commercial insurance is required.
- CSP, ASP, ARM, ALCM or OSHT designations are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Indiana driver's license and acceptable driving record required
- Good oral and written communications skills
This position represents a good career opportunity for those looking to work out of their home. Travel will be 50% or more. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Job 4439.