1099 Field Adjusters
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We have 2 Openings in the TAMPA / St Petersburgh area and 1 Opening in the Naples/Ft Myers area
Are you looking for contract opportunity to join a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available.
Property Adjusters investigate residential property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to our claims handling requirements.
This role will also negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss losses.
- Conduct on-site inspections to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves; financial analyses; insurance regulations; negotiation and settlement of moderate to high complexity claims.
- Must have an Independent adjusting license.
- Experienced with policies
- Experience with adjusting wind and water losses
- Strong experience in Homeowners coverages
- Knowledge of residential building construction
- Must have: transportation, digital camera, ladder and Xactimate 28
Apply for 1099 Field Adjusters
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly