Scheduling and Traffic Controller
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for monitoring call volume of inbound call traffic and to allocate resources based on customer demand. Ensure service level indicators are met by coordinating staffing needs and off phone activities, creates reports that track each departments indicator status and reports results to management as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Queue Management to manage incoming call volume and ensure desired service levels are achieved
- Monitor agent schedule adherence
- Re-allocate resources to meet customer demand or pull additional resources
- Identify upcoming shortages and suspend off phone activities or recruit staff
- Report call center results on interval, daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain schedule integrity by updating schedule with call-ins, terminations or off phone activities
- Share feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Effectively communicates through oral and written communication
- Consider process improvements and shares opportunities with Leadership on continuous basis
- Adhere to schedules while maintaining an acceptable level of service, customer satisfaction and quality
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of Call Management Systems ININ, Avaya, CentreVu Supervisor software
- Working knowledge of IEX Forecasting and Scheduling Software
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to make quick sound decisions
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- 3+ years of previous workforce management experience
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-