Lead, Consolidated Analytics
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Lead, Consolidated Analytics Consultant is a new position being created to assist the financial review activities of Brighthouse Financial. We are a standalone company established by MetLife with US $200 billion plus of assets and capitalization of US $10 billion plus. This position will manage and oversee all financial aspects of combining business initiatives with corporate projections to allow for complete analysis of projects and initiatives.
- Reports to: Vice President & Actuary
- Direct reports/team: No Direct Reports Independent Contributor
- Key stakeholders: CFO, Product Development, Risk
- Lead analysis on inforce and new business initiatives to determine impact of initiatives on overall Brighthouse Financial risk, capital and cash positions. Including calculating the impact on BHFs hedge program for any new product which will be hedged.
- In this analysis, ensure consistency of actuarial assumptions with new business, valuation and projections.
- Develop and manage metrics (VIF, VNB) to allow analysis of initiatives after the initiatives are launched.
- Provide analysis/recommendations for CFO area approval of new product/ inforce initiatives.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong modeling skills with a working competency in MatLab and/or any modern actuarial software (MoSes, Prophet, ALFA, etc.)
- FSA or MBA
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in the actuarial or technical financial field with a demonstrative modeling skills
- Knowledge of insurance products required. Variable annuity product designs, including living benefit riders is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must have strong ability to make decisions; ability to consider multiple aspects while making business decisions
- Undergraduate degree; Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related major preferred
Financial Planning & Projections