Risk Data Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Risk Data Analyst in our Atlanta location!
This position supports the activities of the Enterprise Risk organization through the development of dashboards and data analysis of risks. Assists with key Risk processes, including the Monthly Early Detection Unit Committee dashboard production, New Business Process, monthly Risk meetings, and monthly Risk updates for all Assurant business units. This role has a solid understanding of segment level risks and their relation to our financial forecasts and results.
- Manage the process of updating monthly MEDUC dashboards in Sharepoint through SQL tables and excel spreadsheets. Update and prepare new data by setting up new clients, risk indicators, benchmarks and risk ratings.
- Track new clients that come through the new business process and ensure the requisite information is established on the MEDUC dashboards prior to program launch.
- Track successful New Business Process deals through the contracting and implementation phases to the delivery of data into SQL repository for MEDUC dashboard review.
- Perform setup and development of dashboards for new clients through excel and UI based tools.
- Research and analyze client level detail data to validate and interpret client specific information.
- Review and track all clients through the New Business Process to ensure accuracy and operational success of each review.
- Review Risk Dashboard reports each month for accuracy and identify operational and underwriting/profitability risks.
- Review internal account records, reports, and trends to determine the source of negative account/client profitability and devise solutions aimed at improving profitability.
- Upon request, develop research to provide insights and underwriting performance benchmarking to clients in support of their risk management efforts.
- Act as a liasion with the Assurant Data Analytics team to help ensure data requests are accurate and complete.
- Have an in depth knowledge of the businesses and our clients to be able to analyze the data and ask the right questions to assess risk.
- Identify and quantify segment level as well as enterprise wide risks and develop and document risk scenarios. Analyze the data created to understand potential risks as it pertains to time and resource requirements.
The role does not include direct managerial responsibilities. However, the role does require the ability to leverage experience and knowledge to provide guidance and direction to other departments.
- BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, or Actuarial Science
- 5 years experience in a data analytics or risk management capacity
- 3 year experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge and a demonstrated ability with a variety of applications such as SQL, and advanced analytic functions in Excel, such as pivot tables
- 3 year experience leading projects
- Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.