Product Management Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Field Product Management Office (FPMO) makes business decisions for a line of insurance or defined marketplace which appropriately consider product, pricing and risk management levers. They evaluate the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and build strategies to address them while ensuring integration with other business units to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
The Field Product Management Consultant II is responsible for contributing to the attainment of profit and growth targets for an assigned state/market or line(s) of business. They coordinate and manage strategies and initiatives using product, pricing, and risk management skills to that support business goals.
Plans, implements, manages, and/or participates on projects using accepted project management standards
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with minimal direction
- Tracks own plan performance and project timeline
- Communicates and presents project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Provides feedback on project team member(s)
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
Supports goals and objectives through product implementation and integrates action plans with key stakeholders
- Supports the development and design of new plans, programs, processes, and products
- Assists in the development of communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, products
- Solicits inputs from stakeholders
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes regularly and makes observations or suggests improvements
- May be required to monitor processes throughout team/department
- Understands internal and external compliance requirements/standards and makes adjustments to strategies as necessary
Completes complex analysis of the marketplace, competitive position and business results to support the development of strategies and plans
- With minimal direction and support, completes analysis of the marketplace, competitive position and business results to support the development of the local Market Operating Committee (MOC)/Line strategies and plans to ensure business objectives are being achieved
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/products in the region/field and with agents
- Understands standard market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- With minimal direction and support, provides analysis to support the effective execution of distribution strategies. May include quote/close ratio analysis, agency deployment measures, and agency level analysis
Conduct Research and Analysis in order to meet business objectives
- Understands and uses appropriate data sources and applications to conduct research
- Identifies and resolves basic data issues
- Reviews and assesses research/analysis from other sources to determine applicability in helping to meet business objectives
- Performs and evaluates basic trend analysis (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial)
- Bachelors degree; 2-4 years of related experience
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate specialized terms and data
- Intermediate knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
- Good collaboration and relationship skills
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects of small to medium complexity and/or small to medium scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Intermediate skills with data software such as: SAS, Tableau, and SQL preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.