Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
AAA Texas is seeking career-minded individuals for our Big Data Developer opportunity in Coppell, TX. This individual will work for the Big Data Team to provide technical solutions and support for various Big Data projects and Enterprise level initiatives. A Big Data Developer is expected to understand the business goals/needs, utilize big data technology to engineer solutions to ingest, parse, tune and analyze large amounts of data, and transform findings into actionable business opportunities.
* Defining technical requirements
* Architecting data pipelines and integration routines with internal/external sources
* Developing data integration/ingestion processes
* Building SQL/HIVE databases and tables
* Writing PIG scripts
* Job automation and scheduling using Control-M, unit and system testing
* Performance tuning and analytical and business user support
* Bachelors or Masters Degree with an emphasis on Computer Science or Information Systems
* Experience as a technical developer or a data engineer
* Experience working with relational databases
* MPP systems and Hadoop distributions
* Able to think outside the box and understand the big picture thought process
* Ability to communicate clearly to business owners
* Advanced level knowledge of SQL
* Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc.)
* Working experience with Java, Python or a programming language
* Working experience with Unix/Linux -Experience with Control-M is desired
* Experience with Tableau and R is a plus
* Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience a plus
* Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE