SOX and Legal Compliance Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits (AB) Compliance is responsible for establishing appropriate Compliance monitoring activities to help ensure the Company is compliant with laws and regulations. Results of these monitoring activities are reported to Senior and Executive Management. In addition, AB Compliance acts as a liaison and coordinates with other Compliance personnel throughout the Allstate Organization, including Issue Tracking/Closure and Disaster Response. Also provides assistance in executing Allstates SOX Compliance Program.
Key Responsibilities for the Compliance Lead are:
- Work with the Business areas to develop and implement Compliance monitoring activities based on completed risk assessment.
- Review monthly Compliance monitoring results and supporting documentation for adherence to established procedures and accuracy of reporting.
- Prepare Monthly Compliance Scorecard detailing the results of the reviews for distribution to Senior and Executive Management.
- Monitor progress being made with the mitigation of Compliance Issues that have been identified, as well as Pending New Laws. Provide training and direction where appropriate.
- On a Quarterly basis, work with other Allstate Compliance personnel and responsible individuals at AB to complete and publish the AB Compliance Dashboard, which provides a snapshot of the State of Compliance.
- Assist the VP of Internal Control in building out and establishing other types of compliance monitoring activities as needed.
- Assist in the completion of a variety of SOX Compliance Activities, including Control Self Assessments, Tests of Effectiveness, and Tests of Design.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the Companys internal control documentation.
- Assist in the compiling of materials and reports presented to ABs Mirror Certifiers at the Quarterly SOX Mirror Certification Meeting.
- Assist in the tracking and ultimate mitigation of findings developed through SOX testing, Allstate Internal Audit, or the Companys External Auditors.
- Audit, SOX, and Legal Compliance experience (5 years+)
- Public Accounting and/or Internal Auditing experience
- Masters degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- CPA or CIA designation preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.