- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Responsible for business unit relationships, site selection and lease negotiation. Provides for contemporary, efficient, and productive work environment.
A Leasing Sr. Manager is responsible for developing comprehensive field real estate strategies that integrate with business plans within their AOR. This position will incorporate strategic real estate and principles, transaction management, and sound financial management that will deliver short term and long term productivity gains and cost savings for the assigned area of responsibility. This position will typically lead large highly complex real estate transactions.
This role can sit in Northbrook, IL; Irving, TX or Charlotte, NC.
- Create and execute real estate strategies supporting company initiatives that drive productivity and financial goals
- Work collaboratively with business units (Director and Officers) and other Admin and Real Estate groups to develop and understand the long and short term real estate needs
- Expert knowledge of Allstate business conditions and operations (market specific, specific business goals, long-range forecasts)
- Effectively recommends complex solutions to Admin and Real Estate leadership; influences business unit leadership to obtain optimal real estate and business goals
- Drives new and existing office site selections considering factors such as the following
- City Strategies consolidating offices in on city
- Labor Analytics availability of employee talent pool, cost of local labor and other employment factors
- City Selection determining city location
- Market opportunities buy vs. lease, lease sale back, etc.
- Office utilization driving company staffing to specific locations to improve density
- Develops process improvements that have a positive impacts on quality, cost, and time
- Transaction Management
- Leads and decides on specific site selections which achieves financial, quality, and time goals as set forth
- Leads lease negotiation process and drive timely execution of all necessary documents
- Facilitate the disposition of owned buildings and excess lease space; recommends solutions to department leadership
- Manages the broker and attorney relationships which enable these transactions
- Reviews each transaction at completion to evaluate vs. project goals and makes necessary adjustments to future processes
- Financial Management
- Develop and manages key real estate performance indicators within AOR
- Manage the financial relationship with landlords which includes rent issues and Common Area Maintenance charges
- Oversee the management and development of the annual operating budget for AOR
- Manages internal customer expectations, challenges, and issues while appropriately delegating to the appropriate team member
- Provides positive solutions to customer requests/needs while keeping within company standards and budget goals
- Partners with AOR customer leaders to deliver real estate solutions that are cost effective and provide modern workspace
- Completes periodic inspections of facilities evaluating general condition/upkeep/obsolescence and completes necessary follow ups to remedy any issues
- 10+ Years Experience
- Master negotiator of real estate related business terms and contract documents
- Ability to draft documents for proposed purchase/sale/leasing properties
- High level abilities to accurately review of drafted documents for legal protections
- Fully understands all aspects of building quality and systems
- Has a detailed understanding of user requirements (use of facility, personnel projections) and develops sound strategies around this information
- Experienced in evaluating market values for sale/lease/land assessments
- Highly skilled at selecting partnerships to form teams to complete projects (i.e. brokers, project management, etc.)
- Fully understands lease concepts and how proposed changes/modifications affect Allstate and its interests
- Fully understands contracts/deed/title reports
- Has working knowledge of AOR business marketplaces (conditions, competition, trends)
- Fully understands performance capabilities for outside professionals (contractors, consultants)
- Holds outside professionals accountable for results
- Demonstrated knowledge in financial modeling of real estate transaction. Inclusive of GAAP, cash flows, impact to bottom line, etc.
- Understands how capital market conditions, interest rates, investments, and fiscal/ monetary policies affect real estate
- Has a high level of experience and skill in integrating labor analytics into real estate strategies
- Can develop and influence meaningful partnerships with business unit leadership to proactively manage a portfolio of properties and drive bottom line results
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, or management
- MBA preferred
- SAP knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively communicate to Sr. level leaders including presentations
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.