Leader of Divisional Life Sales
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Alternate Job Location : Connecticut : Hartford || Illinois : Chicago || Massachusetts : Boston || New Jersey : Newark || North Carolina : Charlotte || North Carolina : Raleigh || Pennsylvania : Philadelphia
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Responsible for driving Life Distribution Wholesaling team providing our distributing partners the ability to help their clients achieve financial security with certainty and confidence, while promoting the Brighthouse Financial brand and increasing market share.
- Reports To: Head of National Life Sales
- Direct Reports/Team: 10 wholesalers
- Other Key Stakeholders: Sales Desk Managers, Internal Wholesalers, Director of Strategy and Operations, Admin Support
Life Divisional Sales Manager will manage a team of external wholesalers in an assigned geography by:
- Drive life insurance sales while executing on best in cost expense management
- Attaining sales goals and activity metrics
- Travelling with each wholesaler in their territory to create relationships with distribution partners and provide oversight of wholesaler execution for post mortem coaching
- Identify development needs of each wholesaler, create a development plan and timeline for each wholesaler, and coach to each plan
- Proficient with all tools, resources, and processes provided
- Able to execute a wholesalers job if needed. Ability to educate financial advisors on financial products and the process of selling BHF life insurance products
- Best in cost with regards to territory rotations and budgets while establishing and tracking ROIs on larger spends
- Team player must collaborate with peers and partners and execute together
- Complete tasks completely and on time
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong record of success in leading business growth while being best in cost within expense management
- 3+ years of experience within Financial Industry Sales
- Prior Point of Sale experience. Thorough knowledge of and proven ability to demonstrate sales and marketing principles and practices at the point of sale.
- Excellent presentations skills, both in creation and delivery, to our current and prospective distributing partners
- Excellent relationship building and conflict resolution skills
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment.
- Ability to travel up to 85%
- License requirement Series 7, Series 63, Series 24, Life
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Motivates People Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the companys vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance
- Grows Talent Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance
- Models our Values Creates a culture that promotes the companys values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions
- Drives Results Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
Number of Openings: