A+H Commission Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for Commission Accounting activities for multiple external insurance carriers including agent statements, and ensuring accurate funds have been allocated. Work within a team environment, assisting when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Process commission revenue for 25+ carriers
- Calculate agent commissions
- Maintenance of CRM database
- Follow up with carriers regarding rate changes and bonuses
- Reconciliation of commission statements and deposits
- Extensive research and error resolution to resolve commission accounting discrepancies
- Providing phone and email support relating to commissions to external and internal customers
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy
- Research, audit, and reporting projects as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of prior accounting experience
- Insurance commission accounting or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Advanced Excel skills (Nested Logical Formulas and PivotTables)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to multi task and effectively prioritize duties
- Effective problem solving skills
- Familiarity with databases (SQL)
- Demonstrates initiative and desire to grow within the department
- General understanding of the insurance industry and organization relationships of the company
- Understanding of the functions of other departments
- Attention to detail
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.