- Career Level
- Not Specified
Direct General Insurance, www.directgeneral.com (owned by National General Insurance, www.ngic.com) is currently in the market hiring a Business Analyst to join our fast growing team in Nashville, TN. This position will work as part of a 7 member Operations team in helping with multiple IT projects across the company. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years as a IT Business Analyst and a solid background gathering requirements from Stakeholders and developing functional requirements. This person will also have the initiative to take on smaller projects serving in a Jr. Project Manager capacity. We are looking for a shining star to join our dynamic team.
If you meet these qualifications, please APPLY directly.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work with business requestors to understand the desired business outcomes and expected benefits
- Serve as a subject matter expert on existing corporate processes and IT systems in order to provide high level assessments of likely opportunities for and challenges to the execution of business objectives
- Work with business stakeholders to develop, document, and prioritize business requirements while ensuring that requirements closely align with business objectives
- Provide business leadership to projects in support of business objectives to include developing and managing project plans and clearly communicating the business objective of each project across the organization
- Ensure solution quality by understanding and minimizing trade-offs such as technical debt and facilitating QA and UAT testing
- Collaborate with service organizations such as IT and Legal to ensure developed solutions meet the business objective
- Proactively identifies and mitigates/resolves risks and issues to prevent project delays and re-work
- Ensure common processes are developed at an enterprise level to include efficiency gains in workflow
- Coordinating with business units by supporting ad-hoc requests for research and requirements
- Identify areas of enterprise process improvement
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-4 years experience as a Junior Business Analyst
- Desire to take on small projects serving as a Junior Project Manager role
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Results oriented
- Positive, can-do, attitude is mandatory
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to meet objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective listening, communication, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to analyze problems and create effective recommendations
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Property & Casualty insurance knowledge
- Project Management (Agile and/or Waterfall), Business Analysis, and Process Improvement skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio
- Experience in National General Group Policy Services, IT Development, Testing, Product Management, and/or Sales
- Working knowledge of the various systems within the company
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.