Regional Claims Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for developing front line managers leadership and technical skills to drive performance, and to meet and exceed Claims metrics. Oversee the investigation and disposition of all assigned claims within an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Monitor and drive metric results
- Interview and make hiring recommendations
- Evaluate performance making recommendations for merit/bonus increases, promotions and performance improvement when needed
- Coach and counsel others on strengths and areas of opportunity by providing feedback and valuing other perspectives
- Monitor and address customer service issues as needed
- Monitor workplace culture and environment, taking action when needed
- Review complex files and grant authority for coverage and indemnity when needed
- Audit files and calibrate with front line manager audit results
- Listen to recorded calls for customer service and process opportunities
- Remain aware of changes which impact claims handling in region (internal and external changes)
- Collaborate with other RCMs to review and improve processes
- Work with Product Managers to gain mutual understanding of what may impact products, pricing and claims handling
- Ability to listen and diffuse customer concerns through explanation of our position
- Monitor and manage expenses
- Maintain and build agent relationships with others
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Obtain and maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to drive improvement
- Solid understanding of compliance knowledge, policy and legal, and how to apply in decision making
- Understand the importance of being available and approachable as a leader
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective organizational and management skills with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, adhere to project deadlines and successfully adapt to a changing environment
- Successful completion of one or more professional designations: CPCU, SCLA, PLSC, CCLS, LPCS, AIC, AIM
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.