The Account Manager (Commercial Lines - Middle Market/Human Services) position is responsible for proactively managing the overall workflow for the books of business assigned to them. Account Managers handle all lines of commercial insurance for their accounts and serve as the main contact for the clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Main point of contact for the client addresses general questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, informs/educates client on exclusions and exposures, prepares binders prior to expiration date, and resolves accounting discrepancies
- Maintain contact and collaborate with internal (Sales Executives, Department Heads, Marketing personnel, Claims personnel, Accounting personnel, Loss Control personnel) and external (Clients and Insurance Companies) parties
- Plan, prioritize and complete day-to-day workload taking into account new business, renewal business and day-to-day service responsibilities for the accounts assigned in a timely manner ensuring internal/external deadlines are met
- Determine and coordinate the new/renewal marketing strategy for assigned clients, where applicable
- Review and update applications and general information (attachments, activities, follow-up) into the agency management system for assigned books of business
- Process, delegate and/or oversee audits, cancellation notices, endorsements, certificates and policy checking
- Conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures
- May attend client meetings on or off site on occasion
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years in commercial lines insurance
- Licensed in Arizona Property/Casualty (or ability to transfer existing license)
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to internal and external parties
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients, carriers and peers
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Some college or technical training in related discipline
- CIC, CPCU, CRM, CISR designations
- Previous EPIC experience
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
- Occasional travel to client sites
As one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States, with nearly 200 employees in three offices and over $400 million in total premiums – Lovitt & Touché has the experienced personnel and financial strength to solve your insurance problems all over the world.
Our commitment is to satisfy our clients’ needs and expectations through the development of quality programs, underwritten by sound companies and delivered by exceptional employees. We promise to work at building a long term partnership with you …a partnership based on the fact that we will always do what’s best for you regardless of its impact upon our fees. In addition, we will continue to search for better ways to serve you and to solve your insurance related problems. This includes examining the factors which make your risks unique while helping you with workplace safety, loss control and risk management. Finally, we will always be available to assist in adjustment or settlement of claims.
Lovitt & Touché is honored to have been selected by the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Valley” since 2013, one of the “The Valley’s Healthiest Employers” since 2012 and “Top Minority Owned Firm” since 2012. We are proud to have been recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona since 2013, hold the Copper Cactus Lifetime Award for Community Service since 2011 and were the first company to be awarded the Gold seal by Healthy Arizona Worksites in 2014. Lovitt & Touché has also been featured in the Ranking Arizona publications as a Top Insurance Broker and Best Places to Work.