Competitive Intelligence Consultant I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Product Operations Competitive Intelligence family serves as a strategic partner in designing, developing and analyzing competitive activities, products and industry trends for short and long term business goals and results. Individuals in this job family focus their expertise in competitor intelligence related to a specific business area, becoming subject matter experts for that area of the company.
This Competitive Intelligence Consultant I will be support CI COE function. He/she will support COE manager in providing Allstate leadership with insights into Allstates positioning in the market as it relates to price, product, underwriting, business effectiveness & business results. This individual is responsible for cross-functional collaboration to holistically assess Allstates competitiveness in the insurance industry by analyzing large quantities of internal & external data and identifying threats & opportunities for Allstate (both long & short term).
Lead Data Synthesis & Visualization
- Synthesis of large amounts of internally & externally sourced data and building visual tools for data analysis. These consist of, but are not limited to, Tableau & Excel based tools
- Provide data extraction and analytical support for Product Management & Allstate Leadership. Analytical support includes providing useful data-driven insights that could influence decision making & strategy design
- Our team receives requests for information used by Senior Level Management, requiring quick turnaround times and high quality of analysis. This position will require the ability to work in a fast-pace environment while delivering exceptional results
- Work will include fact gathering resulting in insights and possible implications to Allstate. Expectation is to be able to manage/perform multiple work assignments including problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigate obstacles to deliver the work product
Analysis & Story Development
- Story-lining & analysis are a key part of this role. Responsibilities will include performing analysis across many key metrics & connecting the dots to deliver a clear & succinct story for broad consumption
- Moderate knowledge of the insurance industry & the competitive environment will be required in order to deliver a holistic view of Allstates positioning in the market
- Interpret complex research data and findings into business strategies, advising senior management on opportunities; deliver & present findings to various levels of leadership
- Bachelors or Masters/MBA majoring in a quantitative field such as Math, Business, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced experience in time and task management
- Strong Attention to details
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced technology fluency in tools and software/programming languages with key analytic applications (SAS, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, OLAP, Tableau)
- Intermediate advanced written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of P&C Pricing, Product and Underwriting
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.