Ent Svc-Leader-Sr Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This senior manager position is responsible for the Accounting Services function within Allstate Brand Operations (ABO) Enterprise Services. The Accounting Services operation supports the entire enterprise, reconciling bank & general ledger accounts, processing payment exceptions/inquiries, disbursements (AP, IRS, tax reports), check payments, and master data updates. This leader oversees the Accounting Services area with work of high and/or varying degrees of complexity. This leader manages local and direct-reporting relationships along with virtual and vendor management to achieve optimum business results. The leader oversees expense control and maximizes the departments contributions to the Allstate Corporation. This leader represents the business area in strategic planning activities with senior level executives.
This leaders span of control includes: approximately 400 resources in both onshore and offshore locations, $20M annual budget and over 13M transactions. This leader identifies and executes best practices, optimizes resources and leverages knowledge for both domestic and global teams. This leader also manages the necessary business metrics to effectively run the Accounting Services function such as managing demand, maintaining labor costs and delivering high quality results.
- Oversees, implements and monitors Accounting Services functions including, but not limited to:
- Account Reconciliation for multiple business partners (APL, ABI, ARS, Encompass, Dealer Services, Allstate Benefits, and ALR)
- General ledger and corporate accounting balancing
- Month End Close activity (rolls up to corporate close activity)
- Money Management and Payment Processing for enterprise (check processing, credit card, electronic payments, payroll deduction, agent banking, lienholder, online payment exceptions)
- Payment investigations for customer payments, lienholder payments, and agent banking from customer contact centers and agent contact centers
- Lienholder and mortgage services
- Premium, Claims, Accounts Payable, and eCommerce disbursements
- Escheatment Processing (Abandoned Property)
- Governmental Accounting (IRS and Taxes)
- Partners with multiple areas across the enterprise
- Improves process integration across locations, including adopting Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Creates and executes large and complex strategic initiatives
- Leads the Accounting Services process redesign and enterprise resource strategy transformation
- Drives the execution of knowledge transfer and process migrations to onshore and offshore locations
- Leads all aspects of employee resources
- Maintains effective communication with leaders and managers
- Serves as a people leader to communicate shared vision value and strategies within a high-performance environment
- Manages physical resources for team such as equipment, data and other company assets
- Advanced Working Knowledge of general management practices, company operations, expense management, customer service and talent management
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. MBA a plus
- Experience: 8-10 years experience in financial services, prior insurance experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced time, organizational and project management skills
- Advanced influential skills
- Advanced organizational change management skills
- Position located in Irving, TX
- Travel ~10-15%
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.