Commercial Auto Specialty Underwriter
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This is an exciting, new opportunity to join Allstate Business Insurance as a Lead Underwriter for our Specialty Auto Division. The successful candidate will balance growth and profit by identifying, communicating, and implementing strategies to improve risk management performance. They will be responsible for a nationwide book of large Commercial Accounts, accountable for agent and customer needs. They will not only be an Underwriter, they will be an Account Manager as well.
We anticipate hiring someone who can to report to a regional office in Northbrook, IL or Charlotte, NC, however, we may also consider Irving, TX.
- Impact teams, department and aspects of functional and business results by leading complex/critical program execution across broad areas of responsibility
- Leverages quantitative, qualitative, trend analysis and diversity of opinion to draw conclusions and drive business results
- Directs ongoing measurement and analysis of results
- Provide workflow oversight in order to deliver on time standards for all customers points
- Researches, develops and revises policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Analyzes quality and quantity of accounts underwritten and prepares reports accordingly
- Develops and maintains a profitable book of business by formulating, implementing and measuring results of corrective action plans
- Supports all areas of responsibility building a broad range of partnerships within Allstate to accomplish goals
- Formulate strategic plans, developing new methods and procedures to improve direct reports, team leads, and multiple impact group results
- 3-5+ years experience writing nationwide, commercial auto, particularly fleets
- Prior experience in writing complex risks a must, with extensive product, price, and regulation knowledge. Includes composite rating, retro, and large limit risks.
- Strong Insurance industry understanding of rules, regulations, insurance products, system operation, and inventory control
- Advanced knowledge of company products, services, rate plans
- General knowledge of rules, rates, statistical coding procedures for processing new business, in-force, and renewal activities
- Experience building Auto products for the shared economy / gig economy preferred
- Strong Business Acumen
- Proven track record of obtaining business results through the development of sound business strategies
- Effective Leadership, Collaboration, and Influencing skills
- Critical and Strategic thinker
- Workflow management techniques
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.