Group Sales Specialist - Kansas City, MO
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Benefit Sales team builds relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits in the voluntary market.
The Senior Consultant II functions as a Specialist and subject matter expert that will be the go-to person for group term life prospecting, sales positioning and closing cases in a defined territory. Through close and positive relationships with field sales and underwriting, as well as demonstrating professional and technical leadership, this role will be the critical link to drive premium growth.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan; accountability metrics are premium, case count, and quote activity.
- Analyze and make recommendations to define, validate and lead a new sales role specific to group term life
- Provide well-grounded recommendations on sales material, presentations, messaging and positioning
- Analyze current reporting and make improvement recommendations to Field Vice President and home office leadership that will enhance core product, and group term life success
- Review existing price and underwriting strategies, and make recommendations on improvements that will enhance product profitability
- Actively work with our Sales Consultants (SC), Regional Sales Directors, and Home Office with little assistance or oversight to enhance Group Term Life sales.
- Apply deep industry knowledge and discernment of the financial impact of specific brokers/cases as it pertains to Group Term Life Products
- Display solid and consistent judgment of broker partner production potential including knowing when to walk away
- Identify and score weekly prospect lists using available tools and market insight
- Ability to pre-qualify and identify client needs and focus on high probability opportunities
- Create, lead and execute sales plans for targeted opportunities
- Follow up with underwriting (broker and/or SC) to identify areas to refine our offer and enhance success probability
- Build trust and close relationships with Underwriting personnel
- Strong sales, communication and relationship building skills
- At least 3 years of experience in the group life sales, or sales support, industry
- College degree preferred
- Professional designations, such as CEBS, CLU and ChFC preferred.
- Strong understanding of how group underwriting works
- Must be able to interpret complex information and communicate with customers, work on multiple projects and complete high quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines
- Effectively build interpersonal relationship skills in order to establish working relationships with peers and colleagues
- Creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills in front of high level executives
- Assertive self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Must be proficient in the following applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Pro and various administration systems
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.