Senior Commercial Field Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Underwriting team provides underwriting support and direction to the sales management team and their marketing forces. Our target: improve growth and profit opportunities for new and in-force commercial lines of insurance. Team responsibilities include risk quality, communication and policy evaluation all in support of developing and maintaining a profitable book of business within an assigned geography.
The Lead Field Underwriter is responsible for using technical, analytical and sales skills to provide insurance solutions to ABI (Allstate Business Insurance) customers and agents for risk management purposes. This is a home-based position in the Dallas, Texas area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of integrity in understanding and adhering to guidelines, business philosophy, risk eligibility and coverage
- Maintain a thorough understanding of ABIs strategies and appetites
- Utilize internal and external data to make appropriate individual and portfolio risk decisions
- Responsible for prescribed profitable growth of an assigned territory or grouping of agents, which may include both Exclusive and Allstate appointed Independent Agents
- Utilize underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations to make optimal decisions
- Manages in-person visits with assigned agencies independently, often without a Commercial Business Consultant
- Plans, oversees and strategizes these visits without an established agency
- Overnight travel may be required
- 6+ years Commercial Lines underwriting experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Insurance designation preferred
- Proven track record of building and maintain strong professional relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Proficient analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work in dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Advanced knowledge of:
- Commercial insurance products, all Lines of Business
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- 3rd party supplemental data for commercial entities (property risks, financials, motor vehicle data, etc.)
- Financial/business/hazard/premium analysis
- Use of complex and sophisticated pricing/coverage programs
- Commercial UW / Rating Systems
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.