Territory Sales Consultant - Oklahoma
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 3,000 independent agents in most states. With a legacy that dates back to 1897, Encompass employees and agents are committed to delivering a superior insurance experience for our customers. Encompass is a solely owned subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nations largest publicly held personal lines insurer.
Encompass is growth focused, looking to expand its presence throughout the country. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Encompass offers an exceptional career experience for our employees, with impactful work and exciting opportunities to make a difference. Join Encompass and youll be part of an exciting future.
To profitably grow or manage Encompass premium and market share in targeted markets and consumer segments, and achieve desired business results by developing, leading, managing and implementing effective strategies, processes and programs in the Independent Agency channel.
Achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading all sales-related activity within a market, including but not limited to implementing strategic objectives by effectively consulting with assigned independent agencies, monitoring progress and making appropriate adjustments, and working effectively with peers, Regional Sales Manager and Director, and other internal business units.
The Territory Sales Consultant is based in the field and reports to a Regional Sales Manager.
- Work with cross-functional business partners to develop and implement market-specific sales tactics designed to achieve specific growth and profit goals and targeted business results
- Develop new and improve or maintain relationships with assigned agencies and lead resolution efforts where needed and/or appropriate
- Provide insight as requested to help inform effective regional, market and/or state specific sales programs to drive results
- Effectively communicate with internal associates and agencies, presenting business cases to influence decision making and business results
- Lead the market distribution channel to maximize areas of opportunity, including identifying and appointing new agencies aligned with the Encompass strategy and ending relationships with incumbent agencies who are not aligned with the Encompass strategy
- Ensure compliance with state, Encompass and/or Allstate rules, regulations, programs and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with and influence agency owners, principals and staff; and associates within the internal Encompass organization
- Strong general management, analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple disciplines
- Strong knowledge of the Independent Agency channel, including industry competitors, major brokers and national industry associations
- Experience in insurance product, sales management or general management
- Bachelors degree required; business or technical discipline preferred. MBA and or industry certifications preferred (CPCU, CHFC/CLU)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.