Application Development Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
CopperPoint Insurance is seeking an Application Development Engineer. In this position, you will be building technical solutions that will support the growth strategy of CopperPoint. We are looking for someone who possesses creative problem-solving ability, is highly technical, a great communicator and thrives in a customer-focused environment.Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deliver quality solutions for our Guidewire platform, including configuration of the Guidewire ClaimCenter application and integrations between Guidewire ClaimCenter with internal/external supporting systems.
- Create build plans, technical designs, estimations and timelines for development activities that deliver solutions on time and within budget.
- Be both a hands-on developer and a lead in the delivery of the solutions.
- Partner with the business, to understand their requirements and design solutions that meet their needs.
- Work with vendors for efficient implementation of new systems or integrations; resolve any adaptation issues; recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Support continuous improvement.
- 4+ years of SDLC and Java EE experience
- 2+ years of Guidewire platform and integrations experience is highly desirable
- Experience with web-based solutions and methodologies
- Experience with Agile and other established software development life cycles
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and other common design patterns
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong customer-focus and relationship building skills
- Experience with Gosu and Jira is a plus
- Bachelors degree in computer science and a minimum of 3 years in progressive responsible positions is required. A graduate level study in the previously stated areas is a plus.
About CopperPoint Insurance Companies
- Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, is the state's premier provider of workers compensation insurance.
- CopperPoint has begun to offer other additional commercial insurance products as well as offering workers compensation insurance in other Western states.
- Promotes a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training.
- In 2017, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time
- Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work.
CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.