Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Plans at an operational level and manages the effective use of resources. Directs assigned business systems test plan(s) and project staff to develop, implement and/or maintain assigned projects.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- May instruct others on team.
- Conduct automation training.
- Design automation strategy and processes.
- Coordinate installation of test automation architecture, tools and databases.
- Conduct QA reviews and audits.
- Identify, collect, analyze and report on software metrics.
Three years of Technology or Business Testing experience required. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
- Six years of Technology, Business Testing, or Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- Experience leading technical teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Has a master knowledge of business applications and processes. Has full technical knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow, and a solid understanding of the corporate and departmental information system strategies. Is proficient in the use of workstation applications related to the testing function. Where appropriate maintains a thorough knowledge of business trends.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and optimize the value of systems resources. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with information that is available but must be further manipulated and with issues that are loosely defined. Once decisions are made, is able to follow the management plan and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved. Knows how to execute to get things done. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Builds relationships with other departments to work as one team. Builds relationships to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Works effectively with all levels. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
- Leadership: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management: Identifies project tasks that are most important, and maintains a clear sense of priorities. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Financial Awareness: Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget, subject to review, and is responsible for cost-effective expense control for assigned units. Readjusts resources and/or staff to avoid delays and inefficiencies, and prevent failure to achieve results. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE