Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, provide intermediate programming, configuring and/or analysis skills for specific system assignments. Manage interaction between the systems and corporate technical support areas when additional support is required. Troubleshoot, conduct impact analysis, and escalate appropriately. Defines technical requirements and has ability to coordinate team resources to solve problems. This job does not lead others.
Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of intermediate complexity within a single system or group of small systems. Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, programming and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a very high degree of accuracy and speed. Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately. Builds effective relationships with stakeholders. Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms. Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities. Performs basic project management responsibilities. Coordinates project work with GSO partners. Provides technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Strong UI development skills, including HTML, CSS & Less
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical, analysis, debugging and problem-resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly-collaborative team environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Agile or SAFe
- Experience with a source-code repository (prefer Subversion)
- Knowledge of .NET a plus
- Knowledge of Angular
- Understanding of Web Services including SOAP and WSDL
- Understanding of multithreaded programming
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (SQL Server / Oracle)
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Experience with test-driven development tools like NUnit/JUnit, NMock, TSQLUnit, JsUnit, NUnitAsp, NCover, MOQ
- Experience with a build scripting language like NAnt/Ant
- Experience with a continuous-integration server like Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages like Ruby, PowerScript, Python
- Experience with code-analysis tools like FxCop, NDepend
- Experience with object-database persistence tools like NHibernate/Hibernate
- Experience with acceptance testing using tools like FitNesse, FIT, FitLibrary
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE