Loss Control - Field Associate- Entry Level
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are currently searching for a Field Loss Control Associate to join our team. Company features a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are willing to train the right person for the job. A training and orientation program will be provided to prepare the loss control associate for field assignment and assist in further developing their communication, risk evaluation, solution development, and other skills. The three-week training program, to be augmented by a 12-month follow-up training process in the field, will also provide the associate with an overview of the organization.
Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct loss prevention surveys of commercial accounts and effectively communicate findings in reports to underwriting, policyholders, agents, and other internal customers. Responsibilities will focus on the following:
- Employ effective sales and communication skills to complete surveys, provide training, improve safety controls, consult with internal teams, and provide value and solutions to policyholders and agents.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of relevant Federal, State and other pertinent codes and regulations, as well as an understanding of GUARD manuals and procedures.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to evaluate risks, provide safety assistance, and conduct accident investigation and loss analysis.
- Be located in or near New York City or Los Angeles where a high concentration of GUARD accounts exist, with overnight travel required up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to work towards obtaining of certifications or designations required by statute or regulation in states where loss control services will be expected to be provided.
Required Skills & Experience
- Willingness to accept direction from and work with trainers and mentors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including active listening and the ability to ask open-ended questions
- Sound interpersonal, negotiation, consultation and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree in safety related sciences, engineering, related field or equivalent.
- Loss control or safety experience, and a safety-related designation, are preferred but not required.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving history.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career