Life Advice Center Manager, Allstate Life and Retirement
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Life Advice Center supports the growth and success of the complete Allstate Life and Retirement distribution system. This group will support customer facing life quotes through Allstate.com, ensuring the customer has the right coverage to meet their needs, closing the sale, and binding of the application.
The Life Advice Center Sales Manager is responsible for driving growth of proprietary life insurance products on a countrywide basis through leadership of the Life Advice Center Sales Specialist team. This team will support the marketing and sales of Allstate proprietary life products. The Life Advice Center Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing sales results through inbound and outbound sales calls, driving growth of Allstates book of business by improving the customer experience, increasing customer retention, and meeting sales performance goals. Leading sales professionals is the primary function of this position but ensuring an effortless customer experience is a critical component. All sales calls will use warm leads, no cold calls. This position is a licensed individual (Life and Health) and the role will be centralized in a contact center location.
- Proactively promotes teamwork among the Life Advice Center Sales Specialist Team, and works to build a positive and engaging culture
- Oversees the daily sales activity and results of an assigned team
- Manages the utilization of a CRM (customer relationship management) tool
- Analyzes sales activities to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and implements plans to address issues
- Shares activity reports, trends, and summaries with Allstate Life and Retirement senior leadership and field partners as needed
- Identifies development needs of individual team members and provides training, coaching and motivation to enable their success
- Oversees scheduling of team members; ensures that proper coverage is provided within our hours of operation
- Maintains working knowledge of related systems for call management, recording, and other technology related needs
- Participates on special projects contributing directly to sales efforts in such areas as product development, marketing and compensation, as needed
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of existing Allstate products, new or enhanced Allstate products, and new and existing Allstate marketing campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned
Business Unit Integration
- Partners with technology teams, distribution leadership, licensing, compliance, and project management teams to maximize and reinforce sales efforts
- Partners with and role models by demonstrating strong work ethic, maintaining high personal integrity and standards of performance and conflict resolution
- Builds and maintains relationships across functional lines
- Serves as a partner in strengthening the relationship between field partners and home office
- 2+ years experience leading sales professionals in the insurance industry
- Experience selling insurance products and a proven ability to grow sales
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced degrees or professional designations such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, a plus
- Strong PC skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies to facilitate virtual relationships with the customer and agency owners
Required Licenses (including certifications
- Resident Life and Health license required (can be obtained, at our expense, after hire)
- Other industry certifications strongly preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust in a virtual environment.
- Strong communication skills Includes motivation and virtual relationship development
- Problem solving Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues to evaluate customer needs while matching to Allstate products and services
- Positivity Ability to remain calm and is empathetic during the sales process
- Team-building skills blending people into teams and creating a strong sense of belonging with high morale and spirit among team members
- Talent management skills, fostering an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports
- Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done and use them effectively and efficiently; able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to gain acceptance of complex ideas to achieve goals and objectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.