ATRT - Inside Auto Arbitration Adjuster - $2500 Hiring Bonus!
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Arbitrator is primarily responsible for hearing damage dispute cases and rendering decisions which are binding on the involved parties. The individual hears damage dispute arbitration cases by assessing evidence provided by Applicants and Respondents, and independently determines and renders prompt and fair decisions, while demonstrating objectivity and neutrality. This job requires determining award amounts and writing rational, accurate, concise, and informative decisions that addresses the issues of each.
Additionally, the individual also performs other adjusting duties. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is also gaining experience and consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, cycle time and/or customer service goals. The role will be performed in an office location.
**$2,500 Sign-On bonus for those that qualify
- Determines and renders prompt and fair decisions based on evidence provided in the Applicants and Respondents contentions on, damages disputes between insurers and/or self-insured entities
- Consistently demonstrate objectivity and neutrality
- Determine award amounts within broad Arbitration rules; write accurate, concise, and informative decisions
- Consistently provide rationale used in the arbitrators decision that addresses the issues of each party
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Investigates, determines and negotiates settlement for basic and occasionally moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Contacts the customer to explain the estimate, answer any questions and serves the customer with empathy
- Inspects automobile damage vehicle, write damage repair estimates from photographs and estimates repair times for rental/loss of use
- Explains coverage, estimates, claims, settlement and rental processes to agents and/or customers
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes and decision making process
- Use photographs provided by the customer or other source to write an estimate which would determine repairability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates and locates parts for basic and occasionally moderately complex claims.
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates settlements and pays appropriate parties
- 3 years of auto adjusting or appraising experience required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle basic and occasionally moderately complex claims
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to be a self-starter, manage time effectively, and work independently with minimal direction
- Prior arbitration experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of multiple state statutes and case law as it applies to civil disputes
- I-CAR Platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjusters License are desirable
- Knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per the various state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.