Auto Damage Appraiser
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Count on us to exceed a higher standard:
This Independent Appraisal Co. leads the industry in accuracy and responsiveness.
We have an immediate opening for a 1099 Auto Damage Appraiser in Houston. This position supports our Desk Review Teams and assists our auto physical damage field operations across the organization. This position has high potential in transitioning to a salaried position with vehicle and benefits.
To serve our clients accurately and quickly, we equip our employees with the latest technology for office operations and customer service. We have our own mobile estimating tool, integration services, and client portal, as well as top estimating systems, such as Mitchell Estimating, CCC ONE, Xactware, and Audatex.
In this role, you will appraise vehicles with precision and accuracy while maintaining superior quality service and high standards of performance.
- Appraise damaged vehicles and complete estimates and/or total-loss evaluations to comply with company and state regulations.
- Provide expert knowledge to customers regarding the estimate and/or total-loss process.
- Negotiate repair estimates with vendors.
- Complete re-inspections and/or supplements as required by Company guidelines.
- Maintain accurate documentation of the repair process.
- Deliver a positive customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective customers.
- Adhere to Company accuracy and efficiency goals.
- Required participation with companywide CAT losses.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong computer skills, and ability to work with multi-faceted systems
- 3+ years experience in writing auto damage appraisals
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of auto appraisal technical skills
- Expertise in estimating systems and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Auto insurance claims experience is preferred
- I-Car training and ASE Certification preferred
- Auto body shop experience is a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a plan that includes the following:
- Sub-contracted % commission-based position, $50k - $100k
- Primary Location: United States-
- Schedule: Contract
- Salary: Competitive
- Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
- Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Apply for Auto Damage Appraiser
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly