Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable and detail oriented Account Manager to service a large book of commercial accounts. This book of business consists of construction, manufacturers and distributors. The selected candidate will be able to multi task and have a strong working knowledge of the Florida insurance marketplace. The Account Manager must be familiar with all aspects of insurance services including renewal processing and policy analysis.
- Develop a full working knowledge of Commercial Lines procedures.
- Handle client requests for information, endorsements, forms, and rates for accuracy, recommending changes or amendments.
- Review and analyze policies, endorsements, forms, and rates for accuracy, recommending changes or amendments.
- Oversee the requests for endorsements, and control and preparation of binders, certificates, invoices, automobile identification cards, and similar items.
- Review suspense on a regularly scheduled basis, re-suspending or handling items as appropriate.
- Maintain account files, overseeing that documents are placed into appropriate sections when not documented via automated database.
- Assist in clearing omitted items, account differences, and commission differences.
- Coordinate premium financing needs with Accounting Department.
- Keep producers informed of real or potential problems.
- Correspond with markets and clients, accompanying producers on visits as requested.
- Responsible for the marketing of assigned accounts, obtaining and evaluating quotations, and determining and recommending markets.
- Maintain knowledge of carrier underwriting criteria, deviations, plans, and marketing policy.
- Maintain knowledge of approved rates by the respective carriers, and be able to explain the rating of any policy.
- Negotiate with company underwriters.
- College Degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (formulas, data manipulation, pivot tables, etc.) is essential for position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance policies, coverages, documents and regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Additional language(s) a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, premiums and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- 2-20 license required with a strong interest in obtaining other insurance designation.
- College degree, Business related field.
- Insurance carrier/broker experience.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Account Manager - Large Commercial - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly