Tax Analyst I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under general direction, responsible associated with the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of all, or specifically assigned, tax returns and related reports including but not limited to federal, state & local, sales & use, excise and premium taxes. Assists with special projects or requests as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Participate in the compliance functions for federal, premium and state taxes. Includes assisting with preparation of various returns, initiating payments (check and EFT requests), efiling returns, processing payments and mailings and other related activities.
- Participate in the quarterly accounting closes. Includes assisting with the calculation of accruals, preparation of journal entries, running required reports, updating account reconciliations and other related activities.
- Provide administrative support to the VP, Manager and other staff as needed to meet the departments objectives. Such activities include maintaining various compliance calendars, processing daily mail, maintaining other tracking logs, etc.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 1 or more years of tax return preparation experience preferred
- General understanding of accounting concepts and ability to quickly learn and utilize tax software.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, detailed-orientated, attention to detail, and ability to be a productive member of a team
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, problem-solving skills; organizational skills
- Ability to navigate and manage change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Organization and time management skills are critical for this position
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-