Underwriting Assistant I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position will provide support to the Underwriting Specialist(s) by verifying data and running required reports prior to the policy review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work tasks in ImageRight Workflow Software in order to investigate, process, endorse and reinstate policies appropriately.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as needed; including preparing and sending correspondence to external customers, contacting Sales Agents and District Managers to obtain missing policy information and responding to other inquires as requested.
- Run and prepare supporting information reports as required for Underwriting Specialist(s) file review (i.e. MRVs, A+ Reports, Additional Driver Discovery, etc.).
- Responsible for State Liability Error Report for policy errors that requires VIN, policy and drivers licenses corrections.
- Screen new applications for accuracy and acceptability based on the underwriting guidelines and rates.
- Reinstate or endorse policies when required additional information is provided.
- Prepare, print and process/mail/file various letters and forms as needed for policies (Option Letters, Diligent Effort Forms, RiskAlert Letters, etc.).
- Verify LA Premium Finance Agreements are signed and in ImageRight on all seamless renewals.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalency required; Associate or Bachelors degree preferred Knowledge of underwriting, claims and insurance industry theories and practices preferred
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel &Outlook); experience with ImageRight preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Enthusiastic team member with a positive personal presence
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment when assisting customers with policy information and conflicts
- Maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor at all times
- Availability to work overtime as required during high volume periods
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-