Lead Business Systems Analyst - Automated Testing
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Serve as a subject matter expert in business systems. The role includes direction of all activities related to the delivery of system initiatives including business planning and analysis, specification development, usability testing, the development, implementation and use of test strategies and methodology, and management of large-scale testing projects. The incumbent will work with business partners to support the delivery of project priorities and resolve issues and problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in business planning and analysis, specification, development and usability testing
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of efficient project or functional teams
- Responsible for cost benefit and justification analysis
- Responsible for project prioritization which includes continuous communication and analysis of project progress
- Directs and leads large-scale projects and cross functional teams
- Directs development, implementation and use of test strategies, methodology and processes
- Responsible for staying abreast of business and technological advances, changes and trends; makes recommendations with respect to testing practices and tools
- Function as a resource for all BSA staff regarding questions challenging questions
- Mentor less experienced staff members
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Effective leadership and supervision of team/staff; seeks continuous growth and development
- Demonstrates through knowledge of multiple states and various product lines including rating, operations, and overall process workflow
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of testing practices, methodologies, and automation and has the ability to transfer knowledge to staff
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and deliver to established time frames
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion, is able to work in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates ability to build strong working relationships with business systems analyst team and business partners. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and creative thinking to solve problems
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the NGIC brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors associated with it
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Ability to meet assigned objectives through personal planning, organization and goal setting
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
- Strong PC skills required including MS Windows, Word, Excel, Email
- Demonstrates proficiency in supervising and leading teams
- Keeps abreast of industry standards and practices in areas such as business processes, testing methodology, tools and approaches
- Broad knowledge of system concepts and practices
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.