MD Claims Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Supervise and direct a group of claims handlers in the process of claims adjusting. Train, develop and provide technical guidance to claims staff. Advise claims team on tasks related to the management of claims and monitor performance.Provide information and support to leadership in the implementation of activities to reach department goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Manage a team of claim handlers to ensure results produced meet team, department, corporate, state and regulatory standards and goals; provide regular feedback to management on results
- Direct, control and review work quality and quantity to ensure the claims team regularly applies established standards, produces accurate and timely work products and effectively handles workloads
- Establish and communicate clear performance objectives, evaluate work product and progress toward objectives, coach proactively, complete file quality reviews and write performance evaluations based on corporate standards; assist in determining salaries based on performance
- Assist with the screening and hiring of staff
- Track, approve and arrange coverage for vacation and time off requests
- Serves as a resource to staff and others for information and guidance in using the claims system, and for making proper and timely claims decisions
- Diary and track progress on large loss claims, guide claims handlers on large loss review process to include review of large loss forms and attendance at large loss reviews
- Manage complex claims or claims involving coverage concerns
- Provide input and assist leadership in planning and evaluating strategies, gathering and analyzing data, preparation of reports and identification and implementation of department goals
- Lead and participate in committees or special projects as directed
- Take on ad hoc assignments and distributes to team based on department driven need
- Work with others to create streamlined environment in relation to the claim closing process
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Obtain and maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of experience in insurance claims
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of claims systems and estimating software.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to interpret policies and determine coverage in complex claims situations
- Ability to take initiative to provide solutions in a claims environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Possess knowledge of Mortgage/ Lender systems
- Experience with Lender Placed insurance products
- Ability to speak Spanish (Bi-lingual)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.