Payroll Specialist I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist I in our Miami, FL location!
This position ensures accurate and timely data transfers from our company and its vendors to a Payroll Comprehensive Outsourced Service (COS), per the timelines in the production schedule. This will include reviewing and analyzing vendor-provided documents and reports researching issues, and providing recommendations for resolution/correction related to payroll processing activities and outputs payments (direct deposit, checks, paycards, etc.), reports and files. Along with providing Tier II Payroll customer service support via hotline, email or other means as defined and work with vendor Payroll team to research and deliver date related to payroll activities.
Day-to-day payroll collection includes, but is not limited to: Preparing and exporting of pay data files to payroll vendor, computing wage and overtime payments as prescribed by FLSA, calculating and recording payroll earnings and deductions, collecting and updating templates for special pay requests or adjustments, termination related items, and various voluntary deductions.
This role also includes preparing routine reports, and/or payments for government agencies, insurance companies, and various vendors. This position follows federal, state, and local regulations, and company policies and procedures in the production of a payroll. This position handles general pay related questions from all Assurant employees and must be able to clearly explain pay related issued in writing and via telephone. The Payroll Specialist relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Responsibilities 70% - Day-to-Day Payroll Processing and delivery of Service Level Agreement activities:
- Ensure timely & accurate collection of employee updates and/or changes
- Prepares and balances payroll funding, interfaces and process related payments
- Prepares and export pay data files to vendor in accordance with the pre-establish timelines.
- Gathering, submission, and auditing of payroll changes from Human Resources, Benefits, and/or authorized departmental heads
- Request from vendor manual checks or reissued payments
- Review, file and maintenance of vendor payroll reports
- Assist with auditing vendor payroll reports
- Informs the Supervisor/ Manager if process or customer expectations will not be met as agreed upon
- Assists with year-end activities
- Staying current on regulatory and policy changes impacting payroll processing cycles
- Ensuring work is done in accordance with the SOX guidelines set for the department
- Follows Payroll procedures and ensures procedures are up-to-date.
- Participates in ways to improve tasks
- Backup for other Payroll Specialists
- Support Tier II Payroll questions from HR Service Center and updating information for case management as defined by the service level
- Follow through on all research requests and issues resolution, utilizing documented processes and procedures
- Assist management (Supervisor/Manager, etc.) with special requests or projects
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of outsourced payroll experience and/or payroll tax and/or benefits and/or accounting experience
- 1 year of payroll experience, with greater than 3,000 employees