Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
American Claims Management, Inc. is seeking a knowledgeable individual to oversee the Auto Claims department in our Carlsbad, CA office. The selected candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is seeking to further their career with a fast growing company. In this role, you will work with management to supervise, train and support the Auto department. Under general supervision, you will further be responsible for the supervision and claims management of a claims department. Our team will rely on you to provide technical guidance and training to personnel and evaluate standards of performance of technical and clerical direct reports relative to company objectives.
- Supervises the Auto Department
- Ensure the establishment, development and implementation of department procedures to assure profitability
- Analyze and resolve customer service issues according to ACM’s standards
- Oversee analysis, planning, and organizing of projects based on pertinent industry data to manage departmental growth and industry challenges
- Coordinate with Human Resources to address personnel actions in the areas of hiring, promotions, salary administration, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Prepares reports as needed
- Provide team training and mentoring
- Track closing ratios, settlement averages, responses to DOI inquiries
- Adjuster licenses in CA; Non-resident: GA, SC, AL, FL, TX, OR, WA
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 5 years claims experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years' related supervisor experience
- Experience with subrogation a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.