Corporate Development Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Corporate Development group is focused on identifying growth opportunities and execute strategic transactions. This includes identifying, evaluating, selecting, and executing acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic partnerships.
To contribute as a key member of the Corporate Development team and will report to the Corporate Development Director. This position will be responsible to develop, collaborate and execute key strategies and corporate development activity to achieve desired results in projects.
This role will have regular interaction with Managers, Senior Managers and Directors on key materials related to Senior Management committee analysis as well as Board of Directors presentations.
- Provide analytic and research support to identify merger, acquisition, disposition and alliance opportunities
- Develop analyses in support of business unit strategies
- Work with interdisciplinary teams across the company to drive results and develop solutions
- Provide analytical support towards valuation approach and Excel modeling
- Support subsets of due diligence and data room development
- Provide analytic support for deal structuring
- Read and comment on transaction documents; attend negotiation sessions
- Facilitate communication between internal groups to achieve alignment
- Provide support for internal alignment; facilitate transparency of work products
- Assist with creation of Senior Management communications
- Develop working relationships with banking deal team
- 2+ years direct/indirect M&A experience gained through employment with major or regional investment or commercial bank and/or corporation
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills. Advanced modeling skills, with ability to direct others in complex tasks and review work products. Ability to synthesize complex data.
- Ability to synthesize quantitative work and present ideas to team
- Experience with insurance or other financial institutions preferred. Ability to quickly master concepts required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Developing leadership skills with ability to partner with and influence cross functional teams
- CPA, CFA, preferred, but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.