Instructional Designer Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Designs and develops instructional material for learning and development on multiple platforms, supporting Allstate Life & Retirement objectives. Supports Lead Consultants on content development and facilitation. Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills. Can independently develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences. Able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools. Acts as liaison between training team and business units in resolving needs and appropriate method of delivery.
- Supports Allstate Life & Retirement Sales Education Team as needed with education and development of Exclusive Financial Specialists, Exclusive Agents and Licensed Sales Professionals
- Evaluates targeted audience development needs and ensures alignment of education
- Solicits input from key partners
- Develops, edits and leads learning content
- Ensures effective execution of course content via multiple platforms and delivery methods
- Evaluates content effectiveness through sales indicators, homework/exams and participant feedback
- Communicates with team and management on a regular basis via quality reports, status updates and recommendations for improvement
- Ensures adherence to internal and external compliance requirements and standards
- Experience in adult learning; general understanding and knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques; learning design
- Curriculum development experience desired
- Able to quickly learn company technology, strong technical/computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (ability to create presentations)
- Experience with Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia and/or other authoring software a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of sales processes, policies and procedures
- Background in financial services/life insurance sales preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently or on a team in a dynamic environment
- College degree or related experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.