Senior Financial Analyst Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Regional Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we collaborate with business leaders across the corporation.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks. At this level, you may also be required to train and instruct other analysts in addition to maintaining your own schedule. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
- Lead and direct the development of compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure Regional Finances credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together and integrating cross functional knowledge and/or sources
- Build in-depth storyline for financial updates, which you may need to present to large groups
- Manage moderately complex analysis projects addressing ambiguous business issues
- Support with internal clients to anticipate and identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Provide accurate and prompt reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and skillful handling of relationships
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, inspiring environment)
- A minimum of 3+ years of financial analysis experience in a corporate finance environment
- Advanced business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting concepts, and advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership and influence skills across the organization (direct reports, peers and leadership)
- Strong work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Strong ability to work independently, take initiative and direct work assignments
- Intellectual curiosity and strive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong social skills to work successfully in a team environment
- Advanced time management skills and organization skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word and experienced with industry planning tools and information systems
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.