Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Optometric Protector Plan, a division of Brown & Brown, is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, drive, and commitment to join our team as Account Management Executive. Optometric Protector Plans offers malpractice, professional liability and business insurance for Optometrists, Opticians, Ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic Technicians as well as Students and Faculty.
The hired individual will perform highly responsible marketing and technical functions that will enable the Optometric Protector Plans to write new business and retain current clients. This includes reviewing account submissions, securing underwriting information, requesting credits/debits, quoting coverage through carrier systems, and requesting binding of coverage through carrier system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review applications submitted by prospects and Agents/Brokers, secure required underwriting information and quote online with appropriate carrier.
- Negotiate account coverage and terms with carrier.
- Request scheduled credits/debits based on carrier guidelines.
- Quote, bind and issue policies in carrier system.
- Present quote to prospect Agent/Broker via e-mail or fax and follow up to seek bind order on account.
- Process through to Service Center correspondence requesting changes, cancellations, requests for binders and requests for certificates.
- Establish and build Agent/Broker and customer relationships via phone and/or personal sales calls.
- Research additional marketing possibilities and develop industry contacts for the purpose of soliciting new business opportunities.
- Prepare various reports and other relevant job duties as assigned by Program Leader.
- Assist the team to increase overall new business production and account retention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Phone Sales experience.
- Personable with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
- Ability to work independently, to carry out work projects to conclusion with minimal guidance and to take initiative on activities.
- Florida 2-20 Property & Casualty License or ability to obtain within first three months of employment.
- Experience working in Insurance, especially Commercial Property & Casualty (P&C).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Account Management Executive - Professional Liability Insurance - Tampa, FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly