- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are seeking a talented and innovative Accounting Analyst who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in our Home Office in Wilkes-Barre, PA. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and have strong interpersonal communication skills, then our team might be right for you!Responsibilities
- Monitor general ledger expense activity, oversee coding corrections as needed
- Research fluctuations and provide detailed explanations for quarterly reporting to management
- Perform actual to budget comparisons
- Prepare account reconciliations and analyses
- Mine and analyze claims data to ensure the highest level of integrity of the data
- Maintain financial Excel workbooks and department directories
- Assist with quarterly financial statement closing process and annual budget process
- Provide tax data to parent company for state filings, as needed; coordinate signatures/payment/mailing/submission of annual tax filings
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance: 3+ years experience required
- Solid computer experience required, specifically Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work independently and manage short and long-term projects
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with specific deadlines
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!