- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts, determines and completes appropriate level of investigation for Architects and Engineers claims.
- Determines coverage, prepares coverage correspondence for claims, and responds to coverage questions raised by insureds, TPA's and others.
- Determines exposure, establishes adequate reserves and makes timely adjustments as required.
- Selects, assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including independent adjusters, appraisers, attorneys and TPA's. Identifies questionable claims and consults with SIU for further direction as appropriate.
- Determines settlement value of the loss and negotiates proper settlement of claims within authority. Provides recommendations for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level.
- Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (Internal and external).
Strong claims technical knowledge, and legal climate background is essential. Must have strong analytical and negotiation skill and ability to interact with customers and third party administrators. Must maintain a high level of accuracy, and provide follow-through on projects. Requires the ability to maintain confidential information and work independently and as a member of a team. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability to travel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required with 5-7 years of complex, Architects and Engineers or other Professional lines claims experience.