AmTrust Financial Services
The Human Resources Benefits Manager is responsible for administration and compliance of employee benefits and manages a team ensuring the effective execution of end to end transactions. This role oversees benefits operations and requires strong collaboration with the AmTrust Employee Center (AEC). Additionally the Human Resources Benefits Manager ensures operational efficiencies across systems and key business processes, and develops, recommends and implements employee benefit policies and plan design of existing and new plans.Responsibilities
Benefits Operations Management
- Day to day oversight of the administration of Company Health and Welfare Plans, retirement and other company benefit programs in the US.
- Develop long and short term benefit strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Collaborates with HRIS to evaluate and analyze existing benefits policies, procedures and business processes; draft, propose and implement changes and/or quality control measures leading to best practice operations.
- Oversees benefits staff including hiring, training, reviews, attendance, vacation schedules and discipline.
- Performs routine audits of all HR data, ensuring accuracy and integrity in all data targeted for both internal and external sources.
- Manages and provides oversight for the HR Case Management system and associated business processes, enhancements, and updates.
- Provides direction to the HR Team regarding enhancements and leads the AEC in implementing additional HR areas into the case management system.
Continuous process improvements
- Identify, document and communicate process improvements.
- Collaborate with all areas of HR and other business stakeholders to improve transactional processes for optimal employee experience.
Monitor data and trends for proactive interventions
- Leverage data for resource allocation decisions for optimal performance of systems and processes.
- Partner with key Senior HR business leaders and manage the team in assessing, planning and implementing enhancements to processes and procedures
- Develop and provide data dashboards and analytics to support the HR leadership team
- Actively seek and respond to feedback from customers. Conduct customer feedback surveys & provide analysis & reporting to management
Manages, coaches and develops others
- Coaches employees, provides feedback, identifies development or career opportunities, conducts performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Responsible for leading the team in the delivery of standard processes.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels for the team.
- Sets clear expectations and provides guidance and oversight to teams responsible for achieving customer needs and HR Shared Services goals.
- Responsible for and have experience with oversight of benefits analysis, leave of absence administration and wellness staff
- Develops team and individual learning strategies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree - in Business/Human Resources highly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- PHR, SPHR or CBP certification desired
- Knowledgeable of HR disciplines (e.g., Leave of Absence, ACA, Benefits, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of 401K Administration
- Workday experience
- Vendor management skills
- Experience working in financial services
- Demonstrated experience with coaching, developing and managing employees
- Experience in service center based technologies (e.g. Service Cloud, Service Now or Remedy)
- Strong task and detail orientation
- Self-starter, able to identify key tasks and critical path for completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Process mapping and process improvement skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing customer interactions and addressing their needs
- Ability to negotiate with business stakeholders
- Experience with using metrics and KPIs to determine staffing requirements Ability to communicate and present effectively to business leaders, managers and associates
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.