User Acceptance Testing Technician
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Support accuracy and functionality of system development across the organization by facilitating user acceptance testing (UAT) and post production validation of development projects and releases. Works directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand business requirements and ensure the development effort completed all requirements in the implemented solution. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients with quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Manage user acceptance testing initiatives by communicating across multiple lines of business, organizing meetings and supporting training efforts to ensure effectiveness of UAT initiatives
- Facilitate UAT process by reviewing test requirements, assessing business impacts of systems development, coordinating testing teams and developing and reviewing test scripts to ensure users conduct thorough and careful testing
- Advise key stakeholders by communicating knowledge of application functionality and development processes to improve user acceptance testing and assist managers in meeting business goals
- Contribute to development and refinement of test script library by reviewing existing scripts, analyzing business needs and developing new test plans to create a framework for future testing, increase efficiency and avoid duplication of work
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value can do people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience in Insurance and/or Mortgage servicing industry
- Process oriented business experience
- Principles and methodology behind user acceptance testing
- Terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts
- Policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business and organization
- Implement planning to prioritize, organize, measure work
- Complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
- Translate technical jargon into user-friendly information
- Manage multiple projects or responsibilities concurrently and effectively
- Maintain composure during high stress situations
- Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to think critically
- Understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- 3+ years of experience in Insurance and/or Mortgage servicing industry
Knowledge of Lender Placed Insurance requirements
Black Knight MSP systems, including Hazard Workstation
Working knowledge of NGLS TrackGuard System, including CCS and TrackSource
Ability to write Microsoft SQL queries
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.