Assistant Customer Care Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Contribute to delivery of effective customer service by answering and placing calls, resolving customer inquiries and soliciting performance feedback to achieve established quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide timely, accurate customer service by following established guidelines to answer inbound calls from assigned queues, research issues, clarify and resolve inquiries and record notes in customer accounts
- Obtain insurance information on behalf of clients by following established guidelines to place outbound calls to agents, carriers, or borrowers as assigned and entering collected data
- Adhere to customer care team standards by soliciting advice and feedback, demonstrating punctuality and compliance with schedule and adjusting performance based on individual evaluations to meet established metrics and contribute to achievement of department goals
- Resolve basic customer issues by processing grievances and complaints, answering inquiries, collaborating with peers and escalating calls as required to contribute to customer satisfaction and effectiveness of service
- Demonstrate personal initiative by seeking out learning opportunities within different processes, queues and client-specific procedures to develop knowledge and prepare for movement into additional customer support roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value can do people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Support National General values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Basic knowledge of providing customer service and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Quickly and accurately perform data entry
- Ability to establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others
- Maintain a professional, polished, poised and positive demeanor
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.