Loss Drafts Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for performing loss draft and property damage requirements including processing documents, ordering and reviewing inspections, working loss draft queues and evaluating exceptions. Support borrowers and contractors by providing detailed information on how to progress a claim file; de-escalate calls and process complaints; handle disbursement of claim funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Follow standard procedural guidelines for performing tasks
- Respond to written and verbal customer requests, inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Validate documents pertaining to claim
- Order and review inspection results
- Request claim funds when applicable
- Update records and note system as required
- Build customer service knowledge by taking initiative for learning additional processes, queues and client specific procedures to support customer in secondary areas and provide comprehensive, well informed responses to inquiries
- Provide assistance and back up as needed to meet client requirements and SLAs
- Handle other duties/projects based on business needs
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Able to meet and maintain production standards, non processing time, quality, and attendance guidelines
- May verify claim check deposits
- May process draws/draw approvals
- May assist with cross training inbound representatives on borrower follow up queue
- May deal with Workforce Management chat monitoring
- May process payee header requests for claim checks
- May help with fraud affidavit review and submittal
- May assist in help desk chats
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
- General system application and processing knowledge
- Bilingual skills, both written and verbal, highly desirable
- Mortgage Lending Call Center specific experience
- 1+ years of experience in a Call Center
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.