Homeowner Liability Adjuster (CPL)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Homeowner Liability Adjuster (CPL) in Hauppauge, NY!
Our customers need us the most when an accident happens. Working with customers and dealing with attorneys primarily over the phone, the Third Party Casualty/Liability Adjuster (Homeowners) will investigate, negotiate and settle bodily injury & property damage claims, medical claims and/or suits presented against our policyholders, directly with the injured parties, documenting claim activity on a desktop, and coordinating all claim activities for our insureds. They are responsible for following processes that provide fair settlements or claim resolutions, high levels of customer satisfaction and excellent cost management
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional and courteous customer service
- Investigating, evaluating and negotiating homeowner injury accident claims, in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement for all parties involved
-Casualty attorney negotiation experience preferred
- Using compassionate communication and persuasive negotiation to ensure a positive customer experience
- Providing clear, written correspondence as necessary
- Working well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Achieving targeted performance goals to support Allstate's industry-leading operational standards
- Liability determination and investigation, prior casualty claim handling and experience working with attorneys strongly preferred.
- Experience in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Well organized self-starter who can work independently.
- Persistence and the ability to solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Prior military are strongly encouraged to apply.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.